Column 1, Down
1. I had the pleasure of keynoting a fantastic conference at ETSU with Bryan Terrel Clark. We had a good laugh with Pres. Noland at ETSU. Prez Noland knows how to throw up a West Virginia sign!
2. Trying to make friends at the ONA conference, I made a sign –>"Hi!I LOVE to talk about Appalachia! Curious? Have the same passion? Holler."
3. Cheesing with Yo-Yo Ma after our pop-up performance at Grandview lookout! Unfortunately, the media cut me out and never credited my performance, but I will write about that soon.
4. West Virginia tourism is trying to brand us as a Sasquatch country, but now we know the truth –> T-shirt from Appalachian Apparel
5. With April Ross, Owner of the BeeTV Network; Liz Alarcón, founder/executive director of Project Pulso; Tracie Powell, CEO of The Pivot Fund; me, and Luella Brien, founder/editor of Four Points Media at the ONA conference in LA: "Mugshots and Feathers” The Mis- and Disinformation of Traditional Journalism."
6. My head and heart are full of BIG ideas from the Appalachian Big Ideas Fest in Hazard, KY. Look at all the cool people that shared in the ABIF
Column 2, Down
7. VisitingThe Keane Sentinel printing press in Keane, N.H.
8. Visting the Spotted Newt Book store with Carter Sickles and Neema Avssha.
9. Post-paneling with Four Points Media founder newsy crow girl
10. Glowing with retired WV coal miner Zora " Big Mama" Stroud and her daughter Diane Williams at Nuttleberg after Yo-Yo, Don Flemmings, and Kathy Mattea sang Country Roads for a group of retired coal miners. Diane also got blessed with a few notes of "I Owe My Soul to the Company Store."
11. Talking "So you wanna start a newsroom" at ONA with my WVU Newstart Peeps
12. In a kudzu forest in Hazard, Ky., at the end of the most fantastic week and the beginning of new confidence and renewed purpose!
13. Mike and Amy Costello with the Lost Creek Farm crew, who orchestrated the most amazing outdoor dinner with Yo-Yo Ma and friends!
14. Introducing Poet Laureates of Kentucky and the U.S. at ABIF. I read my poem, SISSY.